Fall 2016 Holy Innocents’ Episcopal School Math, Science or Engineering Internship
Application deadline: May 13, 2016 by 11:59 p.m.
The Pre-Teaching 2016 Fall Term intern at Holy Innocents’ Episcopal School (HIES) will support a teacher in the implementation of the Performance Standards of Excellence for Mathematics, Science, or Engineering. The specific discipline focus of the internship will be dependent upon the applicant. The emphasis of the experience will be on meeting the needs of a wide spectrum of learners including those with learning challenges.
In this position, the intern will have the opportunity to:
• observe experienced classroom teachers’ instructional practices
• experience what the teaching profession has to offer
• collaboratively plan lessons with a team of teachers
• assist teachers in planning and executing problem-based learning activities
• assist teachers in planning and executing small group instruction and learning
• setup, implement, supervise, and break down student labs (if applicable)
• develop scaffolding and extension activities
• lead whole class and small group instruction as deemed appropriate
• experience classroom management firsthand
• improve students’ course content mastery
• assess student work and provide feedback to students under supervision
• workr to design appropriate assessments of student learning
• use backwards design to develop lessons that provide a clear path to mastery
• assist with the Robotics Club two afternoons per week
For an application, click here.
For more information about the internship, click here.
Susan P. Belmonte, M.Ed.
Pre-Teaching and Pre-Law Advisor
Georgia Institute of Technology
Center for Career Discovery and Development (C2D2)
Bill Moore Student Success Center 1st Floor Lobby
219 Uncle Heinie Way
Atlanta, GA 30332-0105